Please Note: this product is now obsolete
Crowcon IREX Infrared Pellistor Gas Detector
The IREX concept enables pellistor-based gas detection systems to be upgraded to dual-wavelength IR gas detector technology without incurring the very significant costs associated with upgrading the control system and re-installation.
IREX is an innovative infrared (IR) flammable gas detector designed specifically to directly replace pellistor (catalytic bead) type flammable gas detectors. IREX operates from control systems designed solely for use with pellistor-based gas detectors: it produces a mV Wheatsone Bridge type signal (as per a pellistor) and operates from as little as 2.9Vdc.
IREX can be directly connected to a control system or can be supplied with an M20 ‘spigot gland’ enabling originally installed detector junction boxes and cables to be retained. Pellistor sensor technology has provided effective flammable gas detection at low cost for many years.
- IREx consumes less than 1W of power – Ensures compatibility with a wide range of control systems
- Independently tested for reliability and performance in harsh offshore conditions – Demonstrates IREX will be operated dependably in any application
- 3rd party approval to the performance standard EN60079-29-1
- Employs sophisticated systems and algorithms – Ensures reliable operation at all times
- T90 response time of less than 4 seconds – Rapid indication of hydrocarbon gas hazards
- Optical components are treated with a STAY-CLIP coating – Prevents partial obscuration in condensing atmospheres
- No adjustments are necessary at the detectors, zero and span adjustments are performed at the control panel only
- Test can be applied remotely via a tube to the standard weather cover – Saves significant time and cost
- Sinter free operation – Unlike a pellistor sensor: there is no risk of a sinter becoming blocked