IRmax is an ultra-compact infrared (IR) gas detector that delivers rapid, fail-safe detection of hydrocarbon gases and vapours. The IRmax gas detection system offers the choice of a detector only, a local gas/status display, a remote gas/status display or non-intrusive calibration via an I.S. calibration tool or hand-held HART communicator.
The reliability of IRmax has been proven in hot, cold, wet and saline environments, making it ideal for offshore.
IRmax’s unique STAY-CLIR optical components are treated with a highly durable coating that completely prevents faults due to condensation. As IRmax contains no components for artificially heating optical surfaces, power consumption is dramatically reduced, requiring only 1W of power.
Simple to install
- Compact size – requires less space, effort and time to install
- Various installation options – can be wall mounted, fitted to a 50mm (2 inch) pipe or connected to an auxiliary junction box using a choice of mounting accessories
Industry standard 4-20mA output – compatible with virtually any control system
- Options for HART communications and RS-485 Modbus
- Remote non-intrusive calibration – the IR display can be mounted up to 30 metres from the IRmax and test gas can be applied without requiring direct access to the detector
- Hand-held Intrinsically Safe (I.S) calibrator – IRmax detectors fitted with an I.S barrier module can be checked and calibrated using an I.S calibration accessory
- STAY-CLIR optics – prevents condensation on optical components
Low cost of ownership
- Low power – only consumes 1W of power, enabling small power supplies and battery back-up systems to be used
- Automatic optical obscuration monitoring – minimal routine maintenance keeps costs down
- Annual proof-test interval