Available for detecting a range of different refrigerant gases and also sulphur hexafluoride (SF6), the Crowcon F-Gas Detector can be connected to any control system that accepts an analogue signal.
Housed within an IP54 rugged enclosure, the F-Gas Detector is suitable for use in non-hazardous areas such as plant or switchgear rooms.
In addition to protecting personnel from toxic gas risks, installing the F-Gas detector also helps to reduce the risk of leakage of powerful ‘greenhouse gases’ into the environment.
Accurate and reliable
- Superior IR sensor technology – provides fast, stable and dependable performance with low maintenance and long life. Unlike cheaper semi-conductor type sensors the F-Gas detector is not affected by other types of gas or changes in temperature or humidity
Simple and versatile
- Tri-coloured LED’s – indicate the operating status of the detector, and in combination with the function keys, facilitate simple adjustments such as zero and calibration
- Choice of output signals – the analogue output signal can be set as 4-20mA, 0-20mA, 0-2V, 0-5V or 0-10Vdc for compatibility with virtually any control system
Long life with low maintenance costs
- No consumable parts – provides many years of service with no requirement to replace the sensor or any other components
- Simple to test – requires a bi-annual gas check only. Re-calibration is only necessary if readings are out of range
- IP54 rated enclosure – provides good protection from dust and water ingress in indoor environments
Safety and compliance
- F-Gas regulations compatible – enables F-Gas suppliers and user to comply with the mandatory European F-Gas regulations
- Rapid gas leak detection – provides an early warning that gas is leaking and thus maintains system efficiency and reduces expensive gas replacement costs
- Environmental protection – helps to reduce the risk of leakage of powerful ‘greenhouse gases’ into the environment