The Drager X-am 5000 belongs to a generation of gas detectors, developed especially for personal monitoring applications. This 1- to 5-gas detector reliably measures combustible gases and vapors as well as O2 and harmful concentrations of toxic gases, organic vapors, Odorant and Amine.
Drager X-am 5000’s Benefits
Ergonomic mobile phone design
- Despite its advanced functionality, the Drager X-am 5000’s practical mobile phone design and light weight make it comfortable to carry. Reduced to its essentials, the two button control panel and easy to follow menu allow for intuitive use.
Flexible sensor exchange
- It is easy to exchange, upgrade or calibrate the sensors to other gases. The ability to customize the Drager X-am 5000’s sensors makes more applications possible, including rental equipment.
Poison-resistant ex sensor
- For improved safety when facing unknown and potentially explosive hazards – the Drager X-am 5000 provides dependable warnings in the event of explosive atmospheres thanks to the high level of sensitivity of the innovative catalytic Ex sensor. It not only responds quickly to explosive gases and combustible organic vapors, but is also highly resistant against sensor poisons such as silicone and hydrogen sulfide. In combination with its long term stability this offers an extraordinary long expected sensor lifetime of more than 4 years. This will reduce your operational costs.
Durable sensor technology
- Equipped with durable XXS sensor technology, the Drager X-am 5000 offers maximum security at extremely low operational costs. The sensor’s resistance, in combination with its long term stability, provides the sensor with a lifetime in excess of four years, which can help reduce your operational costs.
Robust and watertight
- The Drager X-am 5000 is water and dust resistant according to IP 67 standards. This means that the detector remains fully functional and ready for use even after being dropped into water. The integrated rubber protection and shock-proof sensors provide additional resistance to impact and vibration. Moreover, the Drager X-am 5000 is resistant to electromagnetic interference.
- The optional external pump, which operates with a hose up to 30 (98 feet) meters long, makes it possible to use the detector for pre-entry measurements into confined spaces such as tanks, shafts, etc. The pump starts automatically when the detector is inserted.
- In combination with the Drager X-zone 5000 the gas detector can be used for various area monitoring applications. Up to 25 Drager X-zone 5000 units can be automatically interconnected to form a wireless fenceline. This interconnection of the area monitoring devices allows for the fast securing of larger areas, e.g. pipelines or industrial tanks – even within the scope of industrial shutdowns.
Optimum solutions for function or bump tests and calibrations
- Simple, fast and professional: from a function or bump test to complete documentation, users can choose from a range of practical, on-site solutions that offer maximum safety for every application. The automatic test and calibration station Drager X-dock and the Drager Bump Test Station are ideal system extensions that save time and reduce workload. Fresh air, mixed gas and single gas calibrations can be done directly using the Drager X-am 5000 menu.
Flexible power supply
- The Drager X-am 5000 can be used with the standard alkaline batteries. In addition, it can be fitted with a T4 battery that can be charged while still inside the instrument. An optional Save Energy Mode makes it possible to increase the operating time of Drager X-am 5000 to more than 40 hours. This is done by selecting a measurement interval of either 1 second (the standard), 10 or 20 seconds for the CatEx sensor.